Qualifications and Experience:
The incumbent should have Master degree in energy/environment, management sciences, Engineering, social science or other relevant discipline such as climate change. S/he should have relevant experience of at least ten (10) years, preferably focused on development project/programme management. Demonstrated experience in applying Results Based Management tools in managing complex donor funded projects or the projects under the National/Provincial Governments will be preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for implementation of the Outcomes 1 (An operational sustainable urban transport system in Punjab Province) including assistance to mobilize all component inputs, supervise CIU staff, consultants and oversight of sub-contractors. The CM will be the leader of the Component Team (CT). The CM shall liaise with the Project Management Unit (PMU), government, UNDP, and relevant stakeholders for the specific component. Under the supervision and guidance of the Component Director with additional reporting line to the National Project Manager (NPM), the Component Manager will be specifically responsible for:
- Overall management of the component; prepares quarterly and annual work plans and progress report for the relevant component.
- Working closely with PMU and other stakeholders to ensure delivery of outputs and outcomes as per project document and work plan,
- Ensuring technical, legal and institutional coordination of the component in close collaboration with the NPM,
- Assisting in mobilizing all component inputs in accordance with UNDP procedures and GEF principles,
- Finalizing the ToR for the consultants and subcontractors and coordinate with the NPM for recruitment, procurement and contracting,
- Supervising and coordinating the work of all component staff, consultants and sub-contractors,
- Ensuring management of component funds consistent with UNDP requirements, and budget planning and control,
- Assisting NPM in the preparation of timely submissions of monthly reports, quarterly consolidated financial reports, quarterly consolidated progress reports, annual, mid-term and terminal reports, and other reports as may be required by UNDP;
- Assisting NPM in the submission of progress reports and key issue reports to the Project Board,
- Assisting NPM in the regular input to UNDP corporate system ATLAS for financial and programme management on component progress, financial status and various logs,
- Arranging component audits for each fiscal year
- Undertaking field visits to ensure quality of work.