She/he should have at least 05 years relevant working experience with foreign aided projects or international development or organizations.
The incumbent should have at least a Master’s degree in a technical discipline from a recognized university (i.e. geography, engineering, economics, physics, and social sciences).
Under the overall supervision of Component Manager- Lahore, the incumbent will be responsible to provide overall technical assistance. She/he will:
- Assist with initial and informal stakeholder consultations,
- Collect and analyze preliminary information and data. Provide advanced word processing support by creating complex spreadsheets, maintaining databases and creating high quality reports, presentations, and other documents;
- Assist in arranging meetings and workshops,
- Assist in the preparation of reports,
- Assist in preparation of work plans and budgets, and
- Maintain ongoing communications with stakeholders.
- Assist the Project/ Component Manager in project coordination and monitoring by keeping track of the project work plan and reports;
- Understand and assist in managing project outputs, activities, project controls and draft correspondence as and when required;
- Assist in compiling and developing project work plans;
- Assist in coordinating meeting of the Project Board, including preparation of agenda, invitations, and drafting minutes of the meetings;
- Assist in organization of project workshop and seminars, including preparation of proceedings and short reports; and
- Any other task assigned by the project/ component manager.
Skills and Competencies:
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other common software is a prerequisite. Ability to collect data, analyze data, write basic reports in English is a basic requirement. Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and knowledge of UNDP project implementation procedures, including procurement, disbursements, and reporting and monitoring is considered an asset. Fluency both in written and spoken English and Urdu is required.