HOME | JOBS | FEEDBACK | CONTACT US | LOG IN
Subscribe:  Mail Alerts Get Job Alerts


Apply for UNV Pakistan
Apply for Internship
Apply for YPO


Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant

Job Category:
Support Staff
Career Level:
Job Type:
Full Time
Positions:
1
Agency / Project:
UNDP
City/Location:
Mansehra
Country:
Pakistan
Posted On:
11 November, 2005
Last Date to apply:
14 November, 2005
Experience in years
2 to 4
Experience:

At least 3 to 4 years of proven work experience of working on community development projects.
Willingness to work in difficult and remote regions.
Availability for numerous visits outside the base location.
Excellent communication and interaction skills.
Good writing and language skills in English.

Description:
 

Background:

On 8 October 2005, an earthquake measuring 7.6 on the Richter scale struck northern Pakistan and affected large tracts of Pakistan-administered Kashmir and the North West Frontier Province (NWFP).  At the time of writing, the Government of Pakistan reports an estimated death toll of 57,000 with some 77,000 people injured.  Nearly 30,000 sq km of Pakistan-administered Kashmir and NWFP is affected, with hundreds of towns and villages, particularly around Muzaffarabad, Manshera, Balakot and Batagram, being totally wiped out. Assessments indicate that 70% of houses have been destroyed, and the remaining 30% damaged.  The latest estimates indicate that around 3.5 million people have been affected by the disaster. Due to frequent aftershocks, survivors are afraid to go back to the standing buildings. Many are sleeping in the open fields. There is an urgent need for providing adequate emergency shelters to these people in order to protect them from the imminent winters. At the same time there is a need to support the affected families to remove the rubble their destroyed or partially damaged houses and prepare the ground for rehabilitation of shelters that can better withstand the harsh natural elements

Description (TORs):

Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and the direct supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for:

Participating in the preparation of benchmarks and monitoring plan for all the project components;

Undertaking monitoring activities on all the project sites;

Providing inputs for monthly progress reports;

Providing inputs for an interim report on the achievements of the project and the lessons learnt, by mid December, for a review meeting with EAD, Government of Pakistan.


Education
Must Degree Degree Level Country Description
YesGraduateBachelors Degree (2-3 Years)Graduate.