Ministry of Finance and UNDP Pakistan has signed an agreement for the initiation of a Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project (2008-2012). The objective of the Project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies at Federal and Provincial levels.
Building institutional & human capacities in Government setup is one of the main concentrations of the project deliverables. This broader determinant is tracked down to build the gender responsive budgeting capacities of the Govt. Departments.
Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has adopted a vibrant developmental agenda along with bringing in the best public sector practices in order to remain competitive. Among others, the adoption of Output Based Budgeting (OBB)/Medium Term Budgetary Framework (MTBF) approach towards budget formulation for linking its spending plan to policy objectives while taking into account the available/expected resources to the GoKP over the medium term is a worth-mentioning effort.
The Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa after developing the basic framework went a step ahead in the fiscal year 2010-2011 by introducing the OBB/MTBF in its three major departments of Health, Education and Social Welfare and in 2011-2012 nine more departments have been shifted on OBB/MTBF.
To contribute to the Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s efforts, Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project has planned to arrange a series of “Three Days’ Training on Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB)” in the context of OBB for the representatives of Fourteen Departments.
The overall objective of the assignment is to build human capacities of GoKP in:
· Understanding macroeconomic balance, fiscal discipline & budgetary predictability
· Basic concepts and tools of OBB and GRB
· Identifying strategies for integrating gender perspectives in the on-going budgetary reforms in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
· Developing Training Material/Modules
· Imparting three trainings of 3 Day’s each
· Submitting Training Report with policy inputs if any
Course Contents (should aim at):
· Definition, objectives, concepts, approaches & analytical tools of gender responsive budgeting
· Overview of GRB activities in Pakistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
· Gender-Sensitive Public Expenditure Tracking, Lobbying & Advocacy
· OBB as a component part of the modernization of the budget system (purpose & guidelines)
· Budget Preparation Process of GoKP and Reforms to OBB Processes
· Integrating Gender Responsiveness in OBB
Total three trainings of 3-days each will be arranged at Peshawar for the officials of fourteen provincial departments dividing them in to three groups (approx: 12-15 participants/per group).
SPRSM Project will arrange for the venue, refreshment and logistic arrangements required for conducting the training.
Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project will pay full fee to the Resource Person/Trainer in two equal installments or as negotiated with the selected Resource Person/Trainer.
The Training Team will report directly to the Provincial Project Director and Provincial Project Manager of Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project KP.