Strengthening PRS Monitoring underpins the government’s institutional mechanism for poverty monitoring. The PRS Secretariat has been mandated with the overall lead in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and tracking the implementation of the PRSP, and reporting progress on anti poverty public expenditures, intermediate social indicators, and final outcomes.
The purpose of the Strengthening PRS Monitoring project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies (PRS) and has the following main outputs:
1. Public spending and allocations in pro-poor sectors analyzed reviewed and analyzed through a gender lens to better understand the contribution and needs of men and women.
2. Quality, collection, analysis and management of PRS data improved at national and province levels.
3. National engagement in PRS monitoring mobilized through participatory processes.
In order to improve quality and collection of poverty related data and its analysis, Strengthening PRS Monitoring is assisting the Punjab Bureau of Statistics in conduct of Multiple Indicators Cluster Survey (MICS) 2011. The objective of the SSA would be to assist the PRS monitoring cell, Punjab in Administrative Capacity overseeing matters related to the MICS 2011.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The tasks and responsibilities of the Admin Assistant include:
1. To assist in processing of Multiple indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) related payments in accordance with the Project Cycle Operations Manual (PCOM)
2. To assist in procurement matters related to MICS as per PCOM
3. To coordinate with vendors for procurement matters
4. To assist in management of various events (workshops/seminars/training sessions, etc.) related to MICS
5. To coordinate with P&D Department and Bureau of Statistics for various MICS related issues
6. To liaise with the Data Management Firm for MICS date management issues
7. To ensure that all documentation related to filed work monitoring (Back to office reports and monitoring checklists, etc.) are complete in all respects
8. To maintain office files related to MICS
9. To complete any other task assigned by Provincial Project Manager (PPM), SPRSM Punjab