Job Description (TORs):
- Sorting and Filing of vouchers including supporting documents in sequence and proper record keeping of financial data.
- Ensuring all vouchers and IOVs are in line with Financial Rules and Regulations and their onward submission to respective agencies is in order.
- Preparing disbursement vouchers for petty cash and other small payments.
- Providing information copy (Salary Slips, Band Transfer Roster in relation to F10s, MIP and other payments) to respective staff members.
- Distributing cheques to various vendors, staff etc. Preparing Bank Transfer Letters for dollar and Rupee payments.
- Attending telephone calls, emails and visitors in connection to payment matters.
- Maintaining a receipt register to record receipt of cash/cheques from agencies/vendors/staff members.
- Maintaining Country Office (CO) Petty Cash Imprest and ensuring CO safe and cheque books are properly maintained and safeguarded as per the Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Interacting with Bank relating to routine daily tasks and perform incidental banking duties for the CO.
- .Any other related work as instructed by the supervisor.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO financial services management in terms of quality and accuracy of work. Accurate data entry, custody of financial data, presentation of financial information and a client-oriented approach enhances UNDPís capability to effectively and efficiently manage financial resources.
Demonstrates commitment to UNDPís mission, vision and values
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
Shares knowledge and experience
Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to financial resources management, including screening and collecting documentation, financial data processing, filing, provision of information
Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations
Strong IT skills
Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system
Leadership and Self-Management
Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure