The office of Wafaqi Mohtasib (Ombudsman) in collaboration with the UNDP (through its ‘Strengthening Public Grievance Redress Mechanisms Project’), organized a Policy Dialogue Forum (PDF) in August 2009 which provided an interaction between the government and non-government stakeholders to openly and candidly discuss issues relating to Accountability, Transparency and Integrity (ATI). Prominent personalities including parliamentarians, academicians, journalists and senior civil servants attended this meeting.
The SPGRM project and Wafaqi Mohtasib’s office now intend to organize another PDF to discuss issues relating to Accountability, Transparency and Integrity (ATI) in light of the devolution from federation to provinces under 18th Amendment to the Constitution of Pakistan. The SPGRM project, therefore, requires the services of an experienced Consultant to organize this event. The Consultant should have a fair idea of mandate, jurisdiction and services of Wafaqi Mohtasib’s office. He is also expected to have clear understanding of the role of this office in strengthening ATI practices, improving service delivery and enhancing citizens’ access to information in order to ensure quality standards in governance and administrative justice in the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Consultant will:-
1. Organize pre-meetings, coordination meetings with prominent PDF speakers, invitees, and participants in order to get their inputs and value addition in the preparation of working paper.
2. Develop and propose themes, sub themes, etc. and structure for holding the second Policy Dialogue Forum (PDF)
3. Make arrangements for organizing the PDF.
4. Maintain record of the proceeding and prepare recommendations for future policy making and strengthening the ATI (Accountability, Transparency and Integrity) practices in the country
5. Establish liaison with the participants and other stakeholders to make the PDF a participatory, meaningful and output-based exercise
6. Ensure widespread coverage of the event in print and electronic media
7. Carry out other outcome-linked tasks assigned in relation to the PDF by the SPGRM management and Wafaqi Mohtasib’s Secretariat.
1) Based on the finalized PDF thematic construct, a functional concept paper of the forum (defining how the theme will be reflected in different forum activities).
2) A detailed work plan for Policy Dialogue Forum activities.
3) Plan note for the PDF Report dissemination.
4) Thematic background material, working papers, discussion agendas and talking points (in alignment with the theme of the forum and its respective constituent sessions).
5) Working documents and resource material for the participants group work.
6) Final synthesized and consolidated, properly edited, printable Report in PDF (including group discussion outcome, recommendations, future plan of action & follow up).