The PRSP Secretariat underpins the government's institutional mechanism for poverty monitoring. The PRSP Secretariat has been mandated with the overall lead in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and tracking the implementation of the PRSP; and reporting progress on anti-poverty public expenditures, intermediate social indicators, and final outcomes. A critical input in achieving the targets set out in the PRSP is the effective utilization of anti-poverty public expenditures.
The purpose of the Strengthening PRS Monitoring project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies (PRS) and has the following three outputs:
1. Public spending and allocations in pro-poor sectors analysed reviewed and analysed through a gender lens to better understand the contribution and needs of men and women
2. Quality, collection, analysis and management of PRSP data improved at national and province levels
3. National engagement in PRSP monitoring mobilized through participatory processes
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall direction of National Project Director and reporting to the National Project Manager, the Admin & Finance Officer would be responsible for the following tasks
· 1. Assist the project Manager in preparation of work plans, budgets and financial plans.
· 2. Develop and process requests for advances to the UNDP-Country Office and ensure settlement of all advances in accordance with PCOM and UNDP procedures and guidelines;
· 3. Manage utilization of quarterly advances in accordance with quarterly work plans in collaboration with NPM and keep track of all project funds received, disbursements, financial obligation and advances;
· 4. Resolve issues pertaining to payment of taxes and duties on project procurements, shipments and transactions and initiate follow-up with agencies concerned;
· 5. Prepare project budgets and maintain financial disbursements and monitoring systems for monthly submission to UNDP and GoP;
· 6. Prepare and maintain ledger for monitoring financial commitments, monthly financial statements, non expendable property ledger;
· 7. Process financial claims/impress account and facilitate approval through ensuring appropriate documentation and record keeping in line with UNDP rules.
· 8. Take part in the programme's activities design meetings & attend the related orientation/training on Development/Gender Issues, Finance and Information Technologies.
· 9. Prepare Cash Payment Vouchers, Bank Payment Vouchers, and Journal Vouchers together with complete supporting documentation in support to every financial transaction.
· 10. Prepare and maintain financial disbursement ledger for monitoring and controlling of expenditures in line with the financial management procedures.
· 11. Maintain and update all ledgers, project account and petty cash accounts in accordance with UNDP financial rules
· 12. Provide support services to all other staff members in financial matters.
· 13. Prepare financial reports along with all relevant documents on regular basis for submission project management for payment/ settlement.
· 14. Handle all financial matters of the workshops, meetings, conferences and seminars.
· 15. Prepare payment requests/ travel claims and ensure that all supporting documentations are attached before submission to National Project Manager/ National Project Director for signatures.
· 16. Keep track of all advances released for local expenditure and complete necessary documentation for settlement of such advances.
· 17. Prepare payment requests/ travel claims and ensure that all supporting documentations are attached before submission to National Project Manager/ National Project Director for signatures.
· 18. Act as focal person for project’s audit for the UNDP and GoP fund and facilitate auditors during annual/quarterly project audit.
· 19. Keep track of all advances released for local expenditure and complete necessary documentation for settlement of such advances.
· 20. Assist with all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops and conferences; Prepare different correspondences on the above matters and ensure follow up system;
· 21. Assist in preparation of payments requests/travel claims with the supporting documentation and liaison with UNDP for payment follow-ups; Handle all financial matters of the meetings, workshops and seminars organized under the project;
· 22. Prepare and maintain ledger for monitoring financial commitments, monthly financial statements, non expendable property ledger;
· 23. Maintaining up-to-date inventories of project equipments;
· 24. Responsible for the Project Record Management, Supervise the work of support staff; and manage vehicle, sign the vehicle log book on daily basis.
· 25. To perform any other duties as required by the NPD and National Project Manager for achieving the above objectives.