Background and Rationale
Gender Justice and Protection (GJP) Project is a key initiative of UNDP Pakistan with the aim to contribute towards sustainable reduction in Violence against Women (VAW) in accordance with the government’s policy commitments and progress towards MDG 3. The project is funded by UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) and executed by United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). The project supports initiatives at community, organizational and policy level to reduce violence against women in Pakistan.
Gender Justice and Protection project intends to hire a Programme Finance Officer, under the supervision of NPM, Programme Finance Officer will undertake the following tasks:
· Prepare Programme budget and maintain financial disbursement and monitoring systems for monthly submission to UNOPS Asia Office.
· Assist in the preparation of work plans to be discussed with government/donor/ departments/agencies for implementation.
· Assist in the preparation of the monitoring and progress controls set in place by UNOPS.
· Support programme team in financial monitoring of sub projects.
· Under the guidance of programme team, engage with GJP partners to streamline financial commitments for maintenance of MoAs/ Grant Agreements.
· Process financial claims/ imprest account and facilitate approval through ensuring appropriate documentation and record keeping in line with UNOPS rules.
· Supervise and steward all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops, conferences and office management.
· Steward support staff work load and work force management, support staff training, GJP reception counter maintenance, IT related issues, energy conservation/ efficient utilization and administrative support to GJP team while undertaking field visits etc.
· Assist in production of publication material (reports, newsletters, brochures etc).